Aldo Januário, commonly known as “Caveirinha” is a Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under Carlos Gracie Junior, who is widely recognized as one of the top grappling coaches in the world.
A pioneering figure for the sport in the city of Belo Horizonte – Brazil, Caveirinha developed some of the top competitors in the grappling world.
To name just a few, Caveirinha’s students include Rafael dos Anjos, Philipe Della Monica, Rodrigo de Freitas, Cesar Casamajo, Franco Ortega, Harum Açal, Marcus Neueschewander, Maycon Carvalho, Bruno Monteiro, Carlos”Borracha”, Paulo”Borrachinha” Costa, César Casamajó, Will Torres, Paulo”Paulinho”, Daniel Matheus, Matheus Nicolau, Emerson Fernandes, Sérgio Silva, and Brandon Roges.
Several of Caveirinha’s students are current MMA fighters, including Paulo Henrique Costa and Rafael Dos Anjos.
He recently awarded a black belt to Jon Serapion, who is the head instructor of CFFJ Central.
Aldo Januário is also the brother of two respected jiu jitsu black belts, Adão “PQD” Januário and Fábio Januário.
Some of his titles include the following:
• Pan American Champion (2014 Master 2)
• Brazilian Team Nationals Champion (1998 brown/black)
• American Nationals Champion (2015 Master 2)
• World Masters Runner-up (2012 Master)
• Pan American Runner-up (2012/2011 Master)
• Brazilian Nationals Runner-up (1996 purple)
• Brazilian Team Nationals Runner-up (1997 purple)
• European Open Runner-up (2007)
• Brazilian National Championship 3rd Place (2000/2002)
• World Masters 3rd Place (2015 Master 2)
Caveirinha moved with his family to Hawaii in 2010 where he quickly has developed many of the top competitors in the 50th State.
He currently has over 275 black belts around the world, including 21 in Hawaii.
He has affiliate academies on the Big Island of Hawaii, Kailua, Kapolei, Pearl City, and runs his main headquarters in Kaimuki, Honolulu.